This weekend we had a blast making these Bird Suet recipes. I didn’t get a chance to take a picture of us all sitting on the floor in the living room making these this Sunday. My hands were covered in peanut butter and seeds so I couldn’t get a picture. LOL Yep we actually made these on the living room floor. Typically I would have freaked out at the mess but the dogs helped clean up and it really was an easy clean up so no real mess.
A few weeks ago I bought some new bird feeders that require Suet I bought a couple of kinds (like this one) and the birds and squirrels loved them. I bought a huge bag I think it’s like 50lbs of birdseed for my chickens about a month ago. Jack had a great idea a couple of weeks ago to make our own suet with that birdseed and peanut butter. So that’s what we did today.
DIY Suet Bird Recipe
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups Seeds Mix
- I used a mix that contained Sunflower seeds, millet, corn, and mealworms
- Bird Feeder
- In a bowl add peanut butter then stir in seeds. Roll into 1-2 inch balls
- Put seed balls on a plate and freeze for at least an hour.
- Put the seed balls in a bird feeder of your choice
- Hang it out on a branch and enjoy watching the pretty birds.
- If you have leftover seed put it in a freezer bag and save it until your feeder is empty.
Get the supplies here:
Hi!! I’m Kristin McConnell, I am so glad you are here! I am a wife to my amazing husband and a Mom of two fabulous kids.